mind+health solutions is working alongside Nelson Aviation College to bring you this unique flight confidence course. Below is an overview of the course from Nelson Aviation College. Feel free to ask us any questions or contact Nelson Aviation College direct for more information.
Flight anxiety is a fear of flying that is so profound that it can prevent a person from travelling by air or cause great distress to a person when air travel is necessary. People who are affected by flight anxiety find flying terrifying and will go to extremes to avoid flying, which can sometimes be life-limiting.
Over our four-week course we will help you to grow your knowledge of flying and develop your confidence in an aircraft, so that you too can enjoy the industry that we are so passionate about.
The Flight Confidence Course…
The Flight Confidence Course was the brainchild of Nelson Aviation College Training Manager, Alan White who identified a need, particularly among business travellers. Many people either wanted to develop their confidence around flying or overcome real anxieties associated with it. Alan thought that Nelson Aviation College’s sophisticated simulator and experienced team of instructors could be of assistance.
Nelson Aviation College reached out to Jaron Steffens of Nelson based company mind+health solutions. Jaron is a highly qualified mental skills coach who works with individuals wanting to overcome the barriers associated with making lifestyle changes. Through this collaboration the Flight Confidence Course was developed.
The Flight Confidence Course is four 90 min sessions run over four weeks utilising our B737-800 simulator, experienced airline pilots & cabin crew and qualified mental skills coach.
Giving you the ability to…
- Recognise barriers that are preventing you from achieving your goals and gain strategies to overcome them
- Understand how fear and anxiety around flying prevent you from experiencing life, and learn strategies for recognising triggers and overcoming them
- Gain a renewed positive direction into the future
- Break unhealthy habits and create healthy habits
- Clarify the goals that are specific to your needs to become confident in aircraft
- Plan, prioritise and balance activities while travelling to decrease stress
Gain clear direction towards low stress travel
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”